Ill-informed Opinions from a Suburban Refugee & Pop Cultural Misfit

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Halloween Honeys: Paradise by the Pumpkin Light

Bless me Bloggers, for I have sinned.
It has been one week since my last confession.

You are all very well aware of my dark (or is it dork?) side, so is it truly a surprise that I love Halloween with every inch and ounce of my cannibal corpus and morbid man muffin? Halloween is my “holiday” of choice. You can have your rickety manger, pheasant feast and champagne toasts at midnight - give me my ghoulish gals, fright flick marathons and demonic delights by the pumpkin light. A horror holiday stuffed to the gory gills with paranormal paraphernalia and the idea that the other side of sanity has but one restless night to cut loose – color me blood red, baby, and hang your halo at the door. All Hallows Eve is upon us like a devil dog on a kitten’s cotton throat, and there’s only one thing that I love more than being surrounded by horror, and that’s to be surrounded by whores. Let’s face it; Hells lone night on earth is a leg man’s holiday wrapped like mummy’s mammarys on resurrection day.

Since I was but knee high to a dwarf, I’ve been fascinated by how ladies embrace their vibrant Venus and unleash their private prostitute on Halloween night. Almost like a cellular level contest for the lovely lassies of the land to dress as provocatively as personally possible. No matter how quiet, calm or collected they might be any other damn day of the year, when handed the chance to unfold the temptress inside, they seize it en masse and I gratefully accept the eye candy. Voluptuous Vampires, Naughty Nuns, Nymphomaniac Nurses, Saucy Secretaries, Succulent Super Heroines, sexed up nursery rhyme creations and Pop Tart Princess’ abound - anything to shield their identity or unbuckle the carnal creatures that writhe within. On this one night, a beauty being “dressed like a slut” means that she’s succeeded in her ultimate illusion, tomorrow morning it’s back to Sally Jo Pastry Chef but tonight it’s Sindy Sucksalot in six inch stilettos and a thigh high surprise. For some, it’s the only time they unhinge and wear anything remotely revealing, suggestive or attractive for that matter - and we all know that when a woman feels sexy, there’s a multifaceted overhaul in attitude that stands out like a grain of salt in a pepper shaker. Eternally enticing, like an angels orgasm on Sunday.

I’m an asshole, so I’ve literally never noticed some people until Halloween night when they’re at the peak of their perversion powers. Back in high school there was a wall flower woman who barely made a blip on the hormonal Geiger Counter (or the conversational one for that matter) and yet the minute she showed up at a party dressed in luxurious leg wear and black leather lingerie brandishing a rubber whip - she couldn't get rid of me. I chased her around like she wore a pair of pizza panties until she allowed me to add the pepperoni. She looked like a sadomasochistic Audrey Hepburn of Asian decent (with more beef on her bottom and less crust) so when she lashed me to the bed with said whip, I thought I had died and gone back to hell (good girl gone bad). I most certainly knew her name that next day, but wonder if she wished to have never learned mine, HA! I pawned my soul for a peek at her privates but sure enough, the following day drove her back to the wallpaper, somehow concealing our dirty little secret beneath it– A Halloween experiment between an undead French maid, a blossoming cannibal and a night to be naughty.

Hell, even guys dress like wanton women given half the chance on Halloween, something I too was guilty of back in the Rum-Dumb days of Art College. I dressed up as “Lil’ Bo Peep of the Street” in candy striped stockings, skin tight silken dress of red, fake breasts that spilled out under golden locks and coquettish face paint plastered across my manly mug. Not a pretty picture I assure you, and yet I’ve never had my ass pinched so much in my entire life – TWEAK! So what gives? How did a night of horror become an occasion to doll up and draw out the devils dagger from the sweet side of normalcy? Who cares! Dress it up darlings and let your freak flag fly high above or beneath you this Halloween, and if you see a goateed guy in a red dress, please make sure you rescue him from unwanted same sex advances. Buy him a drink, take him home and tie him to your bedposts - ask his name if you wish; “My name is Cannibal”. Smile shyly and say “It’s nice to meet you, I’ve heard good things” and let the games begin.
So what are y'all going to wear this Halloween?

iPod played "Planet Smashers - My Girlfriend is a Vampire" while posting

11 Comments:

Blogger UrbanCannibal said...

Halloween Hussies aside, does anyone have any idea what's happening to Serena's site? Is she moving servers or have the Parisian police decided that our potty mouth princess from across the pond is a threat to national security? Maybe she’s just out buying her exotic Marcel Marceau Halloween gear before they’re all gone.

11:36 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I wondered what happened to Serena's sight too- hope it didn't have anything to do with that last post.

And no Halloween for me this year- I hate Halloween. I gain 10 pounds in one night, and have never been able to pull off the best costumes. Last time I dressed up all they had left was little red riding hood and when I went to return the costume I was accosted by church people who would not let me use the lot for 5 seconds to run in the store so I did not have to pay for another day. The guy told me I was going straight to hell and shooed me away. Is that anyway for church people to act, I ask you? If I am going straight to hell, shouldn't they let me use the parking lot so I will think how nice they are and entice me into the church?

The memory of that Halloween is one of my dorkier memories- my friends were all very sexy (2 of them dressed up like sex kittens and handcuffed themselves together with a pair of menage handcuffs- 2/3 of a menage a trois is the best example) and I looked like a 10 year old at a college party. I fare much better as myself.

Besides, why pretend to be someone else when I am so perfect all ready? *wink, wink*

12:04 PM

 
Blogger UrbanCannibal said...

Your church tale is a good one considering the rotten buggers used to observe All Hallows Day to honor all saints in heaven, depending on faith of course. Whatever the case, saucy friends hand cuffed together does sound a little daunting (if not delectable) so I can understand why you’d shy away from revealing your inner babe but what’s Halloween if not an occasion to “be” someone else? Either way, more and more people are starting to hate Halloween, since it’s now so incredibly focused on finances and less on fright. It’s been turned into just another occasion to drink incessantly and act like as ass, hell just add family members and you’ve got yourself another Christmas!

It may sounds strange, but ever since I was a boy I couldn’t wait to own my own house so that I could spook it up and hand out candies to the costumed kiddies. This is the first year that I’ll be able to do this so I’m so very excited (even more so than about the Hallowed Honeys).

12:26 PM

 
Blogger Serena said...

I, too, would like to know what happened to my site. I logged on to find it completely wiped-- even the template is empty. Thankfully, all of my posts are still in my account.
What's funny is that I had written a post about how Halloween is my favorite season/holiday/night of the year and while I can do without the drunk, clown-faced, stripper-heeled hussies, I completely agree with your sentiments (or, as translated by pig: *kiss, kiss*)
While I am working things out here, I am still stopping by your guys' sites.

Megan, it is downright un-North American to dislike Halloween. I expect a full retraction ;)

12:34 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay- maybe its not Halloween- I hate Halloween parties. And the candy. Well, actually I really love the candy and have to run extra miles for weeks to get over the guilt. I like to rent old school scary movies (the original Amityville Horror, the Shining, the Exorcist, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc) and stay up all night (generally if the night goes really well I have to leave the light on for two weeks to get to sleep).

Unfortunately, I won't be home to do the handing out of the candy- I have class on Halloween night...I'll admit that's a little disappointing.

2:52 PM

 
Blogger Girl said...

i to have school, with a bunch of old women, so no halloween.

never done the naughty dressing up unless you consider an 11 years old dressed as a hula girl hot.

but that would just be wrong on so many levels.

4:29 PM

 
Blogger UrbanCannibal said...

I’ll bet you were expecting a poignant post of the social relevance of horror cinema in the modern world, eh? Hormones first, horror second – who would’ve thought? I’m a horror movie maniac from way back, the house if peppered with memorabilia, props, posters, statues, toys and of course a raft of old spook movies and that’s not even because of Halloween. I seriously endeavor to freakify my front porch before the week ends, make an impression on the new neighborhood. I can’t wait. As for the chocolate and shit, I pretty much cut that out of my diet some time ago so that’s a non issue, I just might “treat” myself to a few brews though which is probably worse. “HEEEEY KiDZZZZ!”

JAG, I’m sure you made an 11 year old boy very happy that Halloween (not like THAT you pervs!). It sucks when Halloween winds up on a weekday, I think it should always be on a Friday so folks can come to work dolled up and then hit the streets for the weekend.

Meg, there’s nothing like watching some ol’ fright flicks on or around Halloween and as for hating Halloween parties, what gives?

S, I can't wait to read your Halloween post!

9:12 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Horrible Halloween party memories- maybe I'll post something about it...it could get long.

12:24 PM

 
Blogger UrbanCannibal said...

... and she did. Hop on over to Diary of a Raving Lunatic to read more about how our lil' loony dressed as She-ra Princess of Power, A Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader and even a Playboy Bunny. Sweet.

2:29 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I see your New Year and raise you a Valentine's Day.

I don't mind New Years except that is traditionally the day we take down the Christmas tree. I hate taking down the Christmas tree. Maybe I'll just leave it up this year.

2:51 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm...I'm not sure I can top birthdays (I love Thanksgiving-so no worries on that one).

Skaank- Plastic tree. It lasts and lasts and lasts. The advantages to coming from rednecks and whitetrash-leaving my tree up all year will be considered a design choice.

4:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home