Ill-informed Opinions from a Suburban Refugee & Pop Cultural Misfit

Monday, February 06, 2006

The Company Ink, Smurfhouse Dink & What The ChickenHeads Think

Much has been said about incessantly dipping ones wick in the company ink, especially when said wick shouldn’t be “writing” but “working” in the first place - but I digress. Other than a scholastic environment, what other place is there that collects similar simians in constant contact (like a professional Petri dish) and often “forces” them to interact with one another for an extended period of time? In the wilds of free time, that girl on the other side of the office that smells like Vanilla pudding would never catch your eye (much less your nostrils), but through the seasoning of daily interface you know that she shaves her pubic hair in the shape of an intricate down turned arrow, an ever obvious landing strip for tequila touched nights inside her tights. Color me intrigued all of a sudden. Some of the folks who populate this office tower spend more time here than at home (1/3 or more of your life will be spent around the orifice, I mean office), those of the single variety find it easier to meet people in bite sized trips in the elevator than between the walls of a seedy bar, and why not? Sexual sleepovers make for pleasant car pooling conversation the following morning, does it not? With an ever growing number of inter-office newlyweds evolving beyond quickies atop the photo copier, boardroom adventures and/or secretarial secretions - obvious trappings aside, why is office romance still seen as such a bad idea?

I’ve always been guilty of skirt chasing on the job, right back to my first employment emission in fact. At fourteen years old I did the backseat fumble with a morning shift waitress behind the greasy spoon diner that employed me. My dish panned hands clasped longingly at her bean bag breasts as they beat down about my face, her ashtray haunted breaths blowing hard on my acne spackled cheeks. She offered me a ride home that chill December afternoon when both the shift and I had “ended”, but little did I know that the journey would have invariably led me here, to the same fucking conclusion with nothing but road in either direction. Now where’s that map? She avoided me after that, and who could blame her, I still had petrified egg yolk under my fingernails from platter scouring all morning.

The pimples and egg yolk were long gone when I worked at the video store, damn near a decade ago, and was the worst of my uh, ink blots. Having been bed buddies with most of the staff and a spattering of customers in just under two years (present gal pal included in latter company) I was eventually reprimanded and shit canned for making salty pancakes with the assistant manager after the corporate Christmas party (I thought it was because I told the district manager that he took a shot in the mouth to get his job – who knew?). While I was working there though, it was a good thing that the hiring manager was a close friend of mine - undoubtedly loyal or oblivious to my choice of conquerable co-workers, he just kept bringing the babes on board. What was a boy to do? It was here that I experienced my first and thankfully only threesome. With both of them being co-workers and best friends (the darker of the two being my girlfriend at the time), I not only mined the inkwell itself; I spilled it all over the fucking place. Long story short (very short), I ended up losing both of them. As soon as our extraordinary experiment had ended; they turned on each other like demon dogs over a warm kitten casserole. They both quit within a few weeks of one another and from what I gather they still won’t talk to each other, it was certainly an experience I would never feel the need to recreate, no matter what immortal fantasy it might have quelled.

Now that I’m in the corporate environment, it’s truly no better than when I was in junior high. When it was learned that relationship woes were in the wind for me and my lady friend a while back, the interest level in your friendly neighborhood cannibal rose beyond my worth in people parts. “Chicken Heads” as she calls them, continue to corner her on a daily basis, trying to scramble up whatever information they can on me/us to fuel the fire of the gossip apparatus firmly affixed to their arse ends. Interested parties dispatch mutual friends to try and learn what will catch my attention for a potential suitor, suddenly women I’ve never spoken to are coming out of the woodwork digging up dirt before the casket’s even been filled. The rumor mill as it were, is chewing up so much shit on me that I wouldn’t doubt if I start to stink of it soon. As I hear this stuff around the office (and by hear, I mean second hand – under the radar) it makes me wonder if this office romance thing is even worth the aggravation. If what I’ve been hearing is true, I’m fucking some chick I’ve never even met or heard of, dating one of the executive leadership team (which should prove wonders for my advancement opportunities) and apparently, if what they say is true; I’ve been married! Twice! Well if I’m getting all kinds of sex from strangers, at least I should be enjoying it, wouldn’t you think? Hell, I'm even getting jealous threats from a girl I went out with once (but she was a cheap date at least).

My boss is starting to catch wind of my fictional “escapades”, the verdict is still out on how that one translates.

When the notches in your bedpost surpass your age, I think a revaluation exercise is in order or perchance a new bed (balancing atop matchsticks at this point). The Company Ink? It may taste like chicken, but it doesn’t bleed Swiss Chalet sauce anymore, it’s nothing but pus and battery acid from what I gather. For some reason they feel the need to talk about me, and I don’t even own the farm yet much less know what the fuck language those chicks are speaking.

iPod played "Harlequin - I Did It For Love" while posting

12 Comments:

Blogger Girl said...

A guy who's looks like he may be considered the office...dare I say...slut?

Wow.

At least you are interesting enough for them to make stories up about you ;)

9:51 PM

 
Blogger UrbanCannibal said...

Ha Ha, I wouldn't say "slut" but for whatever reason I'm/we're a target - probably because of the manner in which we were born as a couple. In fairness, she deals with most of it and I pretty much just coast along as I always have. As mentioned, I hear very little about what's being said, she seems to catch all the gobble, gobble.

They're just coming out of the woodwork now, like termites devouring an outhouse and I'm wearing wooden underpants. Very odd indeed, and I'm the ugliest fucker you'll ever meet.

7:29 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

If you are in fact the ugliest fucker I'd ever meet then you must have a reputation for being a killer in the sack.

People are bored, they need something to chew on, and apparently you are the flavor of the month. They'll get tired of it eventually.

12:02 PM

 
Blogger UrbanCannibal said...

Even Hitler had a girlfriend, Meg.

5:37 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

He also had a pretty interesting lovelife which people still speculate on 60 years later. Even ugly people are interesting. (And I highly doubt you are as ugly as you claim).

1:47 PM

 
Blogger Serena said...

Self-deprication never works on a crowd who doesn't put any weight into what you're saying; Ugly or fugly, I still luv ya, and am glad I was missed.
I discovered last spring that if I had a quill, it would be allergic to the company ink-- and returning to a great job is now not at all a possibility :(

11:30 AM

 
Blogger UrbanCannibal said...

At least you weren't an ass about it and just put up a "Gone Fishin'" sign or something.

7:24 PM

 
Blogger UrbanCannibal said...

The Pig's been very quiet about all of this, perhaps he's too invested in his own anal olympic preoccupation to care what his pal's got to say.

He's at home ill today, curled up on the couch with his "man hammer" clutched in hand watching bob sledding or some shit. He's also the kind of guy who takes the day off when women's figure skating is on - goes through at least 8 boxes of tissue paper.

11:38 AM

 
Blogger The Dark Pig said...

Sorry about the silence, I am in fact preoccupied with masturbation.

I'm sure I would have added something like... yes, I agree you are ugly. I also don't understand how you get laid. Blah, blah, Brokeback Mountain blah.

3:54 PM

 
Blogger UrbanCannibal said...

Ha Ha Ha! Are you sure it's not Bear's Hump mountain? I'll have you know that I never touched that Mormon girl and YOU were the one who came out of it all with a neck injury from your piss poor oral servicing skills.

5:20 PM

 
Blogger Serena said...

Hate! See what I mean about what I have to look forward to!
UC, I can assure you that my travails at home will fill more than one blog with interesting tidbits and certainly enough cannibal goodies.
I'm not going anywhere... so long as you come back soon.

6:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The company Ink is like writing your name in the snow with pee...sometime people like to make yellow snowballs. Stupid puds, don't they get that they are the ones playing in the pee....the other guy had the good time of writing his name. Mind you, sometimes a guy gets hit with a yellow snowball....and then the question is...what stupid shit was writing his name again. ;)

7:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home