Ill-informed Opinions from a Suburban Refugee & Pop Cultural Misfit

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Digital Distraction - JAG Mondo Experimento


I often participate in these little exercises but have never felt the need to publish them for whatever reason; I guess I’d rather post pictures of a creepy old guy in a mighty codpiece than join in a communal activity of any kind (I’m such a snot). Nevertheless, here I am putting my best foot forward and joining JAG from “Babble & Angst” fame in her random song experiment (which I understand has been borrowed from some unnamed source;). Just the same, here are the results of placing my iPod on random and allowing it to broker some amusing if occasionally baffling results attempting to coherently answer some questions. As with JAG, these haven’t been altered in any way - they were recorded as played, painfully obvious on the first question in my opinion.

I have over 4600 songs on this iPod of mine, from most every genre, so we could be in for some unique or otherwise incoherent “answers” (not to mention a few hours). Nonetheless, on with the show…

(oh, and just for you JAG, there'll be no half naked geezer pics in this post)

Where is your office located?

Charles Wright – Express Yourself
The Slackers – Married Girl
The Planet Smashers - Hostile
Talking Heads - Psycho Killer
The Reverend Horton Heat - The Girl in Blue
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Refugee
Bob Marley – Burnin’ & Lootin’ – may work
Judas Priest – Breakin’ the Law – close
Tom Waits – Please Call Me Baby
The Cramps – Miniskirt Blues

I give up on this one :(

What happens when you drink too much?

Burton Cummings - Break it to Them Gently – not bad
The Dead Kennedy’s – Too Drunk to Fuck (!)

What are your feelings about (President Bush) Stephen Harper(Canadian and all!)

Peter Weller – Wildwood (remix)
Bloc Party – Price of Gas (!) – We have a winner

What's your latest blog obsession?

The Rolling Stones – 19th Nervous Breakdown (!)

How do you feel about your separation?

Dr. Hook – Looking for Pussy (HAHAHA!)

Name a topical song?

Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald (B.C. Ferry?)
Joe Strummer & the Mescalaros – Burnin’ Streets (not bad)
Paul McCartney & Wings – Live & Let Die (!)

Give me the obligatory cleavage quote:

The Legendary Shack Shakers – Blood on the Bluegrass
The White Stripes – We Are Gonna be Friends (HAHAHA!)

Fantasy Song #1:

AC/DC – Highway to Hell
Gun Club – Sex Beat (!)

Fantasy Song #2:

Chris De Burgh – Patricia the Stripper (!)

Describe your sex life:

Penetration – Don’t Dictate (!)

A Strange cross section of music indeed, what with Gordon Lightfoot and Judas Priest making an appearance along side Chris De Burgh? It looks like as soon as I got my music mojo working the experiment was over, still, there were some nice answers in there. Penetration? Sex Beat? Looking for Pussy? I did NOT make these up. Thanks for the content JAG, and as encouraged by her, please feel free to add one of your own to your site, just drop me a comment to let us know and please let your player do the work, anyone can make song titles up. Wait a minute? Who's that at the door?

I'm sorry, I just don't know what's wrong with me, at least I don't have Boyz II Men on my playlist like some people

iPod played – “The Urban Cannibal All-Girls Band - My Front Bum Needs Tuning (So Bring Your Fork)” while posting

10 Comments:

Blogger Girl said...

MY EYES!!!!

Heh...many *snickers* were had here.

11:51 PM

 
Blogger UrbanCannibal said...

My old avatar is looking pretty "Smurfy" in that cap, I hope that when the Dark Pig sees this he won't make a pubic puddle of some kind, that would be sad.

11:53 PM

 
Blogger UrbanCannibal said...

Haw Haw, I was going to bury him in a link to see if I could catch a few people off guard. In the end, just decided to anchor him to a long post, just as well I guess.

I should really get around to sharing how it is that this uh "meaty man" makes frequent stops here. Soon.

11:56 PM

 
Blogger Girl said...

"Smurfy" cap on the head...

Geez, brain wash needed! Off to beddy bye land.

Please do explain the frequent visitations.

12:18 AM

 
Blogger Kelly said...

Ouch. It's bad enough the Boyz II Men reference is on my site but on yours too?

*Hangs head in shame*

Damn the boyfriend with the decidely odd taste of music on his MP3. Oh well at least he has good taste in women!

2:11 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Holding my breath on an iPod for my birthday (which is today, by the way)...until then I'm jealous of all the cool people having fun with their iPods.

11:51 AM

 
Blogger UrbanCannibal said...

Happy Birthday, Megs!

12:04 PM

 
Blogger The Dark Pig said...

Holy Blogging... I've been gone fer' a month and you've done three. What the... yer' back

10:16 AM

 
Blogger UrbanCannibal said...

Welcome back, Pig. Looks like this summer's going to be a busy one for the both of us. We need to bookend busy weeks with blitzkrieg bouts of boy fun. I guess the long and short of it is that they hand me promotions like speeding tickets at the Indy 500, problem being that I wasn't even good at the last job they gave me - I just give good head I guess or look good doing it. Seriously though, have a good trip and we need to make time when you come back to hang our jewels on the front porch.

Here’s to Glacier Teen Night and the men who love them. Have a safe trip, try to avoid an STD or A-STD, whichever you choose.

1:29 PM

 
Blogger UrbanCannibal said...

Oh Yeah, while you were gone we all made fun of you

1:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home