Ill-informed Opinions from a Suburban Refugee & Pop Cultural Misfit

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Where Fire Meats Desire

Being a cannibal (uh-huh), I don’t have to imagine what a person might smell like had they been charbroiled, draped in processed cheese, lathered in luscious condiments and stinking of great greasy deliciousness. Fortunately, fast food behemoth and purveyor of pounds “Burger King”, looks to have taken away the guess work for all of you non people eating types with a new body spray that’s recently hit the market called “Flame”. Now you too can indeed smell like “America’s favorite burger”, that being the Whopper presumably, “Behold the scent of seduction, with a hint of flame-broiled meat”. Don’t believe me? http://www.firemeetsdesire.com/


Yea, I thought it was a viral marketing ploy as well, the fact that I’m writing about it (and all two of you are reading it) more or less adds weight to the theory (but fortunately not your mid-section – ba-doomp). Sadly, I may be a victim myself when you consider that I’m salivating uncontrollably and may in fact have to cash in my lunch chips for a trip to the ol’ royal court of large arses, not for a Whopper mind you, but to try and snack on one of those extra greasy teenagers behind the counter.

“Flame” is made by Demeter, the very real fragrance company behind such other great cannibal friendly scents as “White Russian”, “Sushi”, “Sex on the Beach” and “Funeral Home”, the latter of which described as the “a blend of classic white flowers: lilies, carnations, gladiolus, chrysanthemums with stems and leaves, with a hint of mahogany and oriental carpet”. I’m not entirely sure what an “oriental carpet” smells like but I’m pretty sure it smells the same as a white girl’s carpet, more or less.

Add some of THOSE to a value meal and you’ve got yourself a rock solid franchise.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So this brings to mind several things:

1. That King guy is still creepy as all hell.

2. I hate Burger King based solely on their marketing.

3. Those new Whopper Virgin commercials make me want to kill things. Any things.

4. Someone, somewhere, will buy this. At the very least, misguided teen girls who think guys will find it sexy that they smell like meat.

5. This brings new meaning to the phrase "Meat Market."

9:28 AM

 
Blogger UrbanCannibal said...

LOL, yea, I meant to touch on the whole Whopper Virgin fiasco but forgot to, nevertheless, I'm glad that I got you thinking about stuff. Thanks for the comment, I appreciate you taking the time to drop me a line, lets me know that I'm maybe I'm not writing just for myself afterall. Thanks Megs.

10:44 AM

 
Blogger Girl said...

If the boy came wandering over smelling like that he'd have to hit the shower. I am not a purveyor of said red meat.

2:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home